A large part of improving your communication skills comes after you leave the podium. A great way to improve is to get feedback on what you said and how you came across. If you are able to have someone regularly complete the assessment below then you will be able to build a tremendously helpful ongoing evaluation of your progress. Scores of 1-3 are where you want to target efforts for improvement. A free 15 minute consultation with Elizabeth Hunt is available if you’d like some help creating a plan to improve. Click HERE to sign up now.
General Communication Assessment
For each question please rate the performance on a scale of 1-5
1) strongly disagree
3) neutral/no opinion
5) strongly agree
- demonstrates a confident physical presence
- makes good eye contact with the audience
- started with a strong opening section
- used minimal interjections (um, uh etc)
- does not use distracting movements and/or gestures
- speaks with authority
- appears engaged with the audience
- appears committed to the message
- uses comfortable speaking rate
- speaks loudly and clearly
- uses pauses effectively
This and other great communication exercises are available in Elizabeth Hunt’s book Your Voice Matters.
Your Voice Matters
Hunt Communication President Elizabeth Hunt’s latest book is a practical guide for women who want to improve their communications skills. This easy-to-follow guide will give you more powerful communication skills regardless of your experience or skill.